How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
Asthma challenges for PatientsAsthma as a disease is not evenly spread across the U.S. There are definitely hotspots as shown in this study: https://www.aafa.org/asthma-capitals/ Geography doesn’t change the basic problem in the lungs. How do we find out the biggest challenges in dealing with these lungs? We need to talk to asthma sufferers. This survey revealed some of the big problems asthma patients face: https://www.aaaai.org/about-aaaai/newsroom/news-releases/asthma Let’s dig in and see what they found. The study was titled: NEW STUDY SHEDS LIGHT ON THE CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS OF SEVERE ASTHMA MANAGEMENT Surveys were administered to asthma sufferers and the results were summarized. The paper reported that asthma sufferers:
- Struggle to understand how best to manage asthma on a day-to-day basis;
- Often have feelings that the public does not appreciate how seriously asthma impairs their health;
- Share concerns about medication safety, especially ICS; and,
- Have substantial emotional impacts of having severe asthma, especially anxiety and reluctance to hospitalization.
- Day-to-day management of asthma.
- Public perceptions of asthma
- Concerns about medication, especially ICS safety
- Emotion impacts on social and health status.
- Simplify Asthma Action Plan;
- Make Action Plan readily accessible on the smartphone;
- Enhance knowledge competence as described
- Develop content for a page that can become indexed by internet search methods that underscores the impacts of asthma on patient life (see new page titled Social Impact of Asthma).
- Address these perceptions with each patient to at least reinforce that these impacts are real, challenging, and generally under-appreciated (add this question to our pre-post patient insights survey).
- Talk about the role of steroids generally and ICS specifically in asthma;
- Reinforce the goal of prescribing the lowest amount needed for each patient to avoid safety and side effect concerns;
- Consider the use of new pharmacologic agents in severe patients (like in e-asthma) that will allow reduction in oral and inhaled steroid use.
- Controlling asthma: Asthma attacks are very frightening. Preventing them will go a long way in allowing patients to settle emotionally.
- Dramatically increased patient understanding of their disease and how to manage it daily will also be settling. Knowledge deficits are specifically identified by patients as a major problem (see point 1).
- make sure patients can access (through affordable, phone based care) rescue inhalers, oral steroids, controller medication and trigger medication (the core functionality of Asthmaniac.com)
- Continually improve knowledge competence for self-management through phone/computer based contemporary media that is easily and affordably consumed (podcasts, video-casts, and online webinars that are announced to patients with email and text notifications).
- Assess anxiety in each patient and develop a personalised response plan for each patient. This will have to be a new component in the pre-post patient insights survey.
#asthmacontrolnow #telemedicineasthmacare #backpocketasthmadoc #asthmaactionplan #asthmacontroltest #asthmacontroller #rescueinhaler #asthmacovid19 #childrenandasthma #eprescription #easthma #peakexpiratoryflow #peakflowmeter #asthmaniac
- Asthma Primary Care Online!
- Asthmaniac Blog
- How to Create an Asthma Action Plan for School Students
- Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
- Steroids in Asthma: Why We Need Them?
- Do You Need an Affordable Doctor?
- Can Asthma Be Cured Permanently?
- No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
- Asthma House Cleaning Tips
- What Is Exercise Induced Asthma?
- What Is Eosinophilic Asthma?
- 6 Signs Your Asthma Is Getting Worse
- What Are Some Early Warning Signs of Asthma?
- How to Manage Nasal Polyps
- How to Use an Inhaler Correctly
- Tezspire for Breathing Your Best!
- Asthma Proof Your Home: Identify the Hot Spots
- Navigating Asthmaniac.com!
- Climate Change: How It Can Affect People with Allergies and Asthma
- How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
Asthma affects nearly 25 million Americans. It’s one of our most common health conditions and it can be very difficult to live with. But is there such a thing as an asthma cure? Below, we consider the different treatments for asthma and how sufferers might prevent...
No Insurance is Not a Problem at Asthmaniac! ⇨ Got asthma? ⇨ No Insurance? Asthmaniac was made for you! Affordable $50 doctor visits ✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care All online! No Insurance = No Problem Asthmaniac was designed to deliver asthma care...
Keeping a clean and dust-free home is crucial for individuals with asthma, as it helps reduce the risk of triggering asthma symptoms. But deep cleaning a house with asthma can be hard–even light cleaning of a house with asthma can be hard if the conditions are wrong....
Do you have breathing difficulties when you exercise? Then you may have something called “exercise induced asthma”. Let's take a look at what causes this condition and what treatment options are available. What Is Exercise Induced Asthma? Exercise...
If you've never heard of “eosinophilic” asthma, you're not alone. It's rare compared to other types of asthma, but it can be severe. Asthmaniac, your online asthma doctor, can help with your diagnosis. In the meantime, here's an overview of what...
If you have asthma, you might be used to coughing and wheezing sometimes. And if you have severe asthma, you may experience breathing difficulties more often than sufferers with a milder condition. That being said, your body will give you signs if your...