High-Deductible Health Plan? Online Asthma Is Perfect!
High Deductible? Asthmaniac Is Best Value!
✓ You have a Health Insurance Policy
✘ But, it has a high deductible
🙏 Asthmaniac was made for you!
💙 Affordable $50 doctor visits
✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care
✓ All online!
High-Deductible Health Insurance
The Accountable Care Act (Obamacare) created changes in the U.S health insurance market that allowed many more people to enroll in a health insurance plan.
The majority of these policies have a deductible that is large.
A deductible is the amount that you have to pay out-of-pocket before the policy kicks in. This amount is usually many thousands of dollars!
This comes as a shock the first time you try to use your health insurance to pay for a doctor visit, a prescription, or worse, get admitted to the hospital where your bill quickly grows to tens of thousands of dollars.
Ok, so like me, you have to pay out-of-pocket for the first several thousand dollars of medical services you need.
That means you will be shopping for the best value in medical products.
Best value means: highest quality + lowest price.
In my three decades of practicing medicine, I’ve seen so many patients with run-away, preventable disease whose illness got out of control because they did not got to a doctor earlier due to cost concerns.
That recurring theme motivated me to create a ‘clinic’ that IS affordable BUT delivers state-of-the-art medical care for you.
Asthmaniac is that clinic, specially focused on delivering the medical stuff asthma sufferers need.
- prescribed inhaler refills and controller medicines;
- a personalised action plan to guide them in responding to the symptoms;
- an affordable online/on-phone doctor to coach them to greater health; and
- a convenient, organised, accessible place to learn more about asthma.
I deliver this package through Asthmaniac which you can access on your smartphone, tablet or home computer.
I price doctor visits at $50.
If you have well controlled asthma, you need 4 doctors visits a year to make sure that you have all of your needed medicines prescribed, that your asthma hasn’t changed into a more severe type, and to make sure you know how to respond if your breathing gets worse.
So fifty dollars per visit, thats..
$200 per year.
A doctor in your back pocket, coaching you to greater confidence and less anxiety about your asthma.
And if you have an HSA (Health Savings Account) with your high-deductible plan and need a receipt to reimburse yourself for your out-of-pocket Asthmaniac appointments –
I will make sure you have it!
Let’s get started!
Complete the subscription form on the right if you’d like to get an email when I post a new podcast and blog entry.
Remember our hashtag: #asthmacarenow!
And keep Breathing Easy!
- Navigating Asthmaniac.com!
- How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
- High-Deductible Health Plan? Online Asthma Is Perfect!
- No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
- Is Your Asthma e-Asthma? New Medicine!
- Asthma Follow Up Care: Why You Need It!
- NEVER run Out of Asthma Inhaler Medicine!
- Asthmaniac Uses ePrescriptions for Your Medicine!
- Asthma Management Guidelines 2020 Focused Update: What’s In It For You?
- Asthma Rescue Inhalers Are Crucial in Asthma Control!
- Do You Need an Asthma Controller Medication?
- What is an MDI Spacer and Why Do You Need One?
- Children and Asthma: Different from Adult Asthma?
- Asthma and COVID19: Breathing Easy during a Pandemic
- Peak Expiratory Flow Rate: How We Measure and Why?
- Asthma Action Plan: Personalized Just For You!
- Asthma Control Test Score: How We Use It
- Asthma Facts
- Asthma Attack Triggers: Keep a Lid On It!
- Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
* Asthma is a chronic disease that places you at higher risk of serious illness with COVID19 infection. * Keeping your asthma well controlled will give you the best protection against serious COVID19 illness. * Controlling your COVID19 exposure should be a...
* Peak Expiratory Flow is measured by you, several times a week using a small pocket-sized flowmeter * You record the number measured by this devise. * This number shows how well you are able to exhale and tells me if we have your lung inflammation under...
* Your Asthma Action Plan is your quick-reference guide telling you how to react to changes in your breathing. * Your plan uses your Peak Expiratory Flow readings and ACT scores to determine if your asthma is in control. * Your Asthma Action Plan clearly...
* The Asthma Control Test (ACT) is a survey that you fill out about your breathing symptoms. * Your score on this survey will classify your asthma into 3 levels: Well Controlled, Not Well Controlled, and Poorly Controlled * These classifications are used...
* Asthmaniac.com is my online asthma clinic
* Asthmaniac is designed to be affordable, convenient, and reliable.
* Asthmaniac follows national quality standards developed at NIH
* Asthmaniac uses your phone to make your care convenient and engaging
Triggers for wheezing (bronchoconstriction) include:
* Dust Mites
* Pet dander
* Tobacco Smoke
To prevent wheezing, you need to avoid these triggers.
If avoiding them isn’t possible, I can prescribe medicine suppresses the effect of triggers.