This 30 minute encounter allows me to assess the severity of your asthma and determine if a injectable biologic is your best medicine.
This 30 minute virtual encounter will allow me to determine if you have e-asthma and launch a plan for getting and keeping your asthma in control!
- HOW WE CONNECT:
- I like to do the first visit using a video format such as FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom.
- Subsequent online doctor visits with Established Patients can usually be completed by phone.
- I will call your phone at the day and time of your appointment.
- HAVE THESE THINGS READY:
- A picture ID.
- If you are taking a prescription asthma medication and need a refill, please text an image of the label, before your appointment to my cell: 720-900-0943.
- Please have your preferred pharmacy in mind so I can electronically transmit your prescriptions.
- NEW PATIENTS:
- My goal for you is to arrive at a preliminary severity classification
- I determine this by hearing about your past problems with asthma
- Based on this classification, I’ll develop an Asthma Action Plan that is personalized for you.
- I will email your this Asthma Action Plan for you to keep on your phone
- My goal for you is to have this Plan at your fingertips!
- I will electronically transmit the prescriptions in that plan to your preferred pharmacy
- I will direct you to educational materials, especially:
- Proper use of your inhaler - including use of the MDI spacer
- Proper use of injected asthma medicine
- How to use your Asthma Action Plan
- Proper use of a Peak Flow Meter.
- We will arrive at a follow-up day for your next appointment, usually in 3 months.
- At that appointment, we will discuss your response to your Asthma Action Plan and adjust it as needed.
- Medication Cost:
- If you are having difficulty paying for asthma medication, please let me know as many of the pharmaceutical companies offer special pricing and in some cases free medication.
Ok! See you soon and stay safe!