New Patient Process
Online Asthma: Get Started!
Here’s how it works!
When you book an appointment, you will receive an email confirmation.
On the day and time of your appointment, I will call YOU!
- I will collect basic address and contact information from you.
- We will talk about:
- your asthma history,
- past medications,
- other medical problems and
- your current symptoms
- From this information, I will classify your asthma severity as either: Intermittent or Persistent.
- With Persistent, your asthma is subdivided into mild, moderate or severe.
- These categories are used to guide us in devising a treatment plan and medication choices that have been proven to work for your classification of asthma.
- Based on your asthma severity classification, I’ll formulate an Asthma Action Plan
Asthma Action Plan
- Your Asthma Action Plan will include:
- Rescue inhaler medicine
- Trigger controller medicine
- Lifestyle targets
- Directions for how to respond to your symptoms
- Inflammation controller medicine
- Regular quarterly assessments of your symptoms and lung function
- Regular use of a Peak Flow Meter that I ship to you.
- I will email this Asthma Action Plan to you so you can keep it on your phone
- Based on your preferred pharmacy, I’ll electronically send your prescriptions
- We will review proper technique for inhaler and flow meter use, and,
- We’ll pick a day/time for your next appointment, about 3 months down the road.
“The regular doctor clinic was such a hassle.
– my asthma appointments are on my phone
– no work interruptions,
– no traffic problems,
and no waiting-room drama.”
Asthmaniac is focused on how to get you quality asthma care that is:
Our encounters are conducted completely on your phone wherever you are.
I send your prescriptions electronically to the closest pharmacy closest to you.
Appointments most days of the week from early morning into the evening to fit your schedule!
Your price for a session is close the price of an insurance copay or a tank of gas. Tough to beat.
For All Ages
I cover the age spectrum – convenient, efficent, affordable care is needed at every age!
My system is designed to provide follow-up encounters, at least four times per year to keep you breathing easy!