Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 3:14 — 4.5MB)
* Quality Asthma care depends on self-management by patients.
* A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills.
* Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess:
* Your Symptoms (Asthma Control Test)
* Your Lung Function (Peak Expiratory Flow)
* We will discuss your self-assessments by phone rather than in-person.
* These phone visits and your frequent use of the Asthmaniac website are designed to keep your asthma controlled while avoiding illness exposure and the inconveience of travel and waiting rooms
I designed Asthmaniac around the National standards for asthma care.
Those standards tell doctors to teach their patients how to assess their everyday symptoms and lung lung capacity.
Years of research has led to the creation of a solid symptom assessment tool (Asthma Control Test or ACT). This is a survey that you can complete yourself and then report to me.
Research has also shown that lung performance – or how well you are able to breath out (Peak Expiratory Flow or PEF), can be measured using a simple, pocket-sized flow meter.
In my Asthmaniac clinic, I ask that patients use a simple flowmeter to record their number several times each week.
I instruct you how to use this number in conjunction with your Action Plan.
I use this number in planning updates to your medications, their dosages, and your Action Plan.
The great thing about having these two proven methods of assessing your asthma is that we can conduct our entire asthma appointment over the phone.
Over the phone!
That means you can get your Asthmaniac appointment on a lunch break, walking down the street, or wherever you are.
One place you won’t be is sitting?
A doctor office waiting room – waiting to catch a virus!
Phone appointments: a key convenience of Asthmaniac!
- No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
- What Is Exercise Induced Asthma?
- What Is Eosinophilic Asthma?
- 6 Signs Your Asthma Is Getting Worse
- What Are Some Early Warning Signs of Asthma?
- Asthmaniac Blog
- How to Manage Nasal Polyps
- How to Use an Inhaler Correctly
- Tezspire for Breathing Your Best!
- Asthma Proof Your Home: Identify the Hot Spots
- Navigating Asthmaniac.com!
- Climate Change: How It Can Affect People with Allergies and Asthma
- How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
- High-Deductible Health Plan? Online Asthma Is Perfect!
- Is Your Asthma e-Asthma? New Medicine!
- Asthma Follow Up Care: Why You Need It!
- NEVER run Out of Asthma Inhaler Medicine!
- Asthmaniac Uses ePrescriptions for Your Medicine!
- Asthma Management Guidelines 2020 Focused Update: What’s In It For You?
- Asthma Rescue Inhalers Are Crucial in Asthma Control!
No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
No Insurance is Not a Problem at Asthmaniac! ⇨ Active asthma? Asthmaniac was made for you! Affordable $50 doctor visits ✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care All online! No Insurance = No Problem I don’t care that you don’t have insurance. I designed...
What Is Exercise Induced Asthma?
Do you have breathing difficulties when you exercise? Then you may have something called “exercise induced asthma”. Let's take a look at what causes this condition and what treatment options are available. What Is Exercise Induced Asthma? Exercise...
What Is Eosinophilic Asthma?
If you've never heard of “eosinophilic” asthma, you're not alone. It's rare compared to other types of asthma, but it can be severe. Asthmaniac, your online asthma doctor, can help with your diagnosis. In the meantime, here's an overview of what...
6 Signs Your Asthma Is Getting Worse
If you have asthma, you might be used to coughing and wheezing sometimes. And if you have severe asthma, you may experience breathing difficulties more often than sufferers with a milder condition. That being said, your body will give you signs if your...
What Are Some Early Warning Signs of Asthma?
Asthma can be life-threatening if it spirals out of control. But how do you detect asthma, and what are the early warning signs of an asthma attack? Below, we explain how to spot asthma in its early stages and what to do if you have an asthma attack. What...
* Asthmaniac.com is my online asthma clinic
* Asthmaniac is designed to be affordable, convenient, and reliable.
* Asthmaniac follows national quality standards developed at NIH
* Asthmaniac uses your phone to make your care convenient and engaging