Asthma is a chronic – and sometimes debilitating – condition. It’s also very common, affecting nearly 1 in 13 Americans. People with asthma need to know how to manage their condition effectively. But how do you do this? In most cases, this means having what’s known as...
Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
* Quality Asthma care depends on self-management by patients.
* A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills.
* Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess:
* Your Symptoms (Asthma Control Test)
* Your Lung Function (Peak Expiratory Flow)
* We will discuss your self-assessments by phone rather than in-person.
* These phone visits and your frequent use of the Asthmaniac website are designed to keep your asthma controlled while avoiding illness exposure and the inconveience of travel and waiting rooms
Asthmaniac is based on the National standards for asthma care.
Those standards tell doctors to teach their patients how to assess their everyday symptoms and lung capacity.
Years of research has led to the creation of a solid symptom assessment tool (Asthma Control Test or ACT). This is a survey that you can complete yourself and then report to me.
Research has also shown that lung performance or how well you are able to breath out (Peak Expiratory Flow or PEF), can be measured using a simple, pocket-sized flow meter.
In my Asthmaniac clinic, I ask patients to use a simple flowmeter to record their number several times each week.
I instruct how this number is used in conjunction with your Action Plan to best manage your symptoms.
I use ACT score in planning updates to your medications, their dosages, and your Action Plan.
The great thing about having these two proven methods of assessing your asthma is that we can conduct our entire asthma appointment on the phone!
On the phone!
That means you can get your Asthmaniac appointment on a lunch break, walking down the street, or wherever you are.
One place you won’t be is sitting?
A doctor office waiting room – waiting to catch a virus!
Phone appointments: a key convenience of Asthmaniac!
Grab an appointment and we can get your asthma care optomized!
- How to Create an Asthma Action Plan for School Students
- Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
- Steroids in Asthma: Why We Need Them?
- Do You Need an Affordable Doctor?
- Can Asthma Be Cured Permanently?
- No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
- Asthma House Cleaning Tips
- What Is Exercise Induced Asthma?
- What Is Eosinophilic Asthma?
- 6 Signs Your Asthma Is Getting Worse
- What Are Some Early Warning Signs of Asthma?
- Asthmaniac Blog
- How to Manage Nasal Polyps
- How to Use an Inhaler Correctly
- Tezspire for Breathing Your Best!
- Asthma Proof Your Home: Identify the Hot Spots
- Navigating Asthmaniac.com!
- Climate Change: How It Can Affect People with Allergies and Asthma
- How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
- High-Deductible Health Plan? Online Asthma Is Perfect!
* Quality Asthma care depends on self-management by patients. * A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. * Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: * Your Symptoms (Asthma Control...
Why do we use steroids in asthma? * Inflammation of the airways is the underlying problem in asthma * Steroids like Prednisone and Decadron are taken by mouth * Steroids like betamethasone and fluticasone are inhaled like albuterol. * Steroids are used to...
As with other chronic diseases, affordability is important for Asthma Control
* The cost of asthma control can be a barrier:
* Many costs of asthma care can exceed what those without insurance can afford. These include:
* The cost of asthma medication.
* The cost of doctor visits
* The cost pulmonary function testing.
I endeavor to keep my consults to you AFFORDABLE.
I am constantly looking for the best way to get you medication that fits your budget.
Asthma affects nearly 25 million Americans. It’s one of our most common health conditions and it can be very difficult to live with. But is there such a thing as an asthma cure? Below, we consider the different treatments for asthma and how sufferers might prevent...
No Insurance is Not a Problem at Asthmaniac! ⇨ Got asthma? ⇨ No Insurance? Asthmaniac was made for you! Affordable $50 doctor visits ✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care All online! No Insurance = No Problem Asthmaniac was designed to deliver asthma care...