Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
* Quality Asthma care depends on self-management by patients.
* A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills.
* Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess:
* Your Symptoms (Asthma Control Test)
* Your Lung Function (Peak Expiratory Flow)
* We will discuss your self-assessments by phone rather than in-person.
* These phone visits and your frequent use of the Asthmaniac website are designed to keep your asthma controlled while avoiding illness exposure and the inconveience of travel and waiting rooms
I designed Asthmaniac around the National standards for asthma care.
Those standards tell doctors to teach their patients how to assess their everyday symptoms and lung lung capacity.
Years of research has led to the creation of a solid symptom assessment tool (Asthma Control Test or ACT). This is a survey that you can complete yourself and then report to me.
Research has also shown that lung performance – or how well you are able to breath out (Peak Expiratory Flow or PEF), can be measured using a simple, pocket-sized flow meter.
In my Asthmaniac clinic, I ask that patients use a simple flowmeter to record their number several times each week.
I instruct you how to use this number in conjunction with your Action Plan.
I use this number in planning updates to your medications, their dosages, and your Action Plan.
The great thing about having these two proven methods of assessing your asthma is that we can conduct our entire asthma appointment over the phone.
Over the phone!
That means you can get your Asthmaniac appointment on a lunch break, walking down the street, or wherever you are.
One place you won’t be is sitting?
A doctor office waiting room – waiting to catch a virus!
Phone appointments: a key convenience of Asthmaniac!
- Asthma Proof Your Home: Identify the Hot Spots
- Navigating Asthmaniac.com!
- Climate Change: How It Can Affect People with Allergies and Asthma
- How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
- High-Deductible Health Plan? Online Asthma Is Perfect!
- No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
- Is Your Asthma e-Asthma? New Medicine!
- Asthma Follow Up Care: Why You Need It!
- NEVER run Out of Asthma Inhaler Medicine!
- Asthmaniac Uses ePrescriptions for Your Medicine!
- Asthma Management Guidelines 2020 Focused Update: What’s In It For You?
- Asthma Rescue Inhalers Are Crucial in Asthma Control!
- Do You Need an Asthma Controller Medication?
- What is an MDI Spacer and Why Do You Need One?
- Children and Asthma: Different from Adult Asthma?
- Asthma and COVID19: Breathing Easy during a Pandemic
- Peak Expiratory Flow Rate: How We Measure and Why?
- Asthma Action Plan: Personalized Just For You!
- Asthma Control Test Score: How We Use It
- Asthmaniac Blog
If you have asthma, it's important to asthma-proof your home. This means identifying and removing asthma triggers from your environment. Many people don't know how to asthma-proof their homes, but it's not difficult. In this blog post, we will discuss how...
Navigating Asthmaniac to Find Your Best Asthma Control Asthmaniac.com is a fully digital asthma clinic designed to deliver physician consultation, disease assessment, patient education, medical refills, and follow-up care. This is different than making an...
According to the World Health Organization, climate change is one of the biggest global health threats of this century. Many people don't realize that climate change can also affect those with allergies and asthma. Rising temperatures, increased air pollution, and...
Asthma challenges for Patients Asthma as a disease is not evenly spread across the U.S. There are definitely hotspots as shown in this study: https://www.aafa.org/asthma-capitals/ Geography doesn’t change the basic problem in the lungs. How do we find out the biggest...
High Deductible? Asthmaniac Is Best Value! ✓ You have a Health Insurance Policy ✘ But, it has a high deductible ???? Asthmaniac was made for you! ???? Affordable $50 doctor visits ✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care ✓ All online! ...
No Insurance is Not a Problem at Asthmaniac! ⇨ Active asthma ???? Asthmaniac was made for you! ???? Affordable $50 doctor visits ✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care ???? All online! No Insurance = No Problem I mean it! I don’t care that you don’t have...