How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
Asthma challenges for PatientsAsthma as a disease is not evenly spread across the U.S. There are definitely hotspots as shown in this study: https://www.aafa.org/asthma-capitals/ Geography doesn’t change the basic problem in the lungs. How do we find out the biggest challenges in dealing with these lungs? We need to talk to asthma sufferers. This survey revealed some of the big problems asthma patients face: https://www.aaaai.org/about-aaaai/newsroom/news-releases/asthma Let’s dig in and see what they found. The study was titled: NEW STUDY SHEDS LIGHT ON THE CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS OF SEVERE ASTHMA MANAGEMENT Surveys were administered to asthma sufferers and the results were summarized. The paper reported that asthma sufferers:
- Struggle to understand how best to manage asthma on a day-to-day basis;
- Often have feelings that the public does not appreciate how seriously asthma impairs their health;
- Share concerns about medication safety, especially ICS; and,
- Have substantial emotional impacts of having severe asthma, especially anxiety and reluctance to hospitalization.
- Day-to-day management of asthma.
- Public perceptions of asthma
- Concerns about medication, especially ICS safety
- Emotion impacts on social and health status.
- Simplify Asthma Action Plan;
- Make Action Plan readily accessible on the smartphone;
- Enhance knowledge competence as described
- Develop content for a page that can become indexed by internet search methods that underscores the impacts of asthma on patient life (see new page titled Social Impact of Asthma).
- Address these perceptions with each patient to at least reinforce that these impacts are real, challenging, and generally under-appreciated (add this question to our pre-post patient insights survey).
- Talk about the role of steroids generally and ICS specifically in asthma;
- Reinforce the goal of prescribing the lowest amount needed for each patient to avoid safety and side effect concerns;
- Consider the use of new pharmacologic agents in severe patients (like in e-asthma) that will allow reduction in oral and inhaled steroid use.
- Controlling asthma: Asthma attacks are very frightening. Preventing them will go a long way in allowing patients to settle emotionally.
- Dramatically increased patient understanding of their disease and how to manage it daily will also be settling. Knowledge deficits are specifically identified by patients as a major problem (see point 1).
- make sure patients can access (through affordable, phone based care) rescue inhalers, oral steroids, controller medication and trigger medication (the core functionality of Asthmaniac.com)
- Continually improve knowledge competence for self-management through phone/computer based contemporary media that is easily and affordably consumed (podcasts, video-casts, and online webinars that are announced to patients with email and text notifications).
- Assess anxiety in each patient and develop a personalised response plan for each patient. This will have to be a new component in the pre-post patient insights survey.
#asthmacontrolnow #telemedicineasthmacare #backpocketasthmadoc #asthmaactionplan #asthmacontroltest #asthmacontroller #rescueinhaler #asthmacovid19 #childrenandasthma #eprescription #easthma #peakexpiratoryflow #peakflowmeter #asthmaniac
- Asthma Primary Care Online!
- Asthmaniac Blog
- How to Create an Asthma Action Plan for School Students
- Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
- Steroids in Asthma: Why We Need Them?
- Do You Need an Affordable Doctor?
- Can Asthma Be Cured Permanently?
- No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
- Asthma House Cleaning Tips
- What Is Exercise Induced Asthma?
- What Is Eosinophilic Asthma?
- 6 Signs Your Asthma Is Getting Worse
- What Are Some Early Warning Signs of Asthma?
- How to Manage Nasal Polyps
- How to Use an Inhaler Correctly
- Tezspire for Breathing Your Best!
- Asthma Proof Your Home: Identify the Hot Spots
- Navigating Asthmaniac.com!
- Climate Change: How It Can Affect People with Allergies and Asthma
- How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
Asthma Primary Care: A Comprehensive Guide to Online Visits Introduction: Living with asthma requires consistent care and management to ensure a healthy and active life. Asthma primary care plays a pivotal role in this journey, offering a personalized...
* Asthmaniac.com is my online asthma clinic
* Asthmaniac is designed to be affordable, convenient, and reliable.
* Asthmaniac follows national quality standards developed at NIH
* Asthmaniac uses your phone to make your care convenient and engaging
Asthma is a chronic – and sometimes debilitating – condition. It’s also very common, affecting nearly 1 in 13 Americans. People with asthma need to know how to manage their condition effectively. But how do you do this? In most cases, this means having what’s known as...
* Quality Asthma care depends on self-management by patients. * A large part of my role as your physician is teaching you these self-management skills. * Crucial to these skills are techniques you will use to assess: * Your Symptoms (Asthma Control...
Why do we use steroids in asthma? * Inflammation of the airways is the underlying problem in asthma * Steroids like Prednisone and Decadron are taken by mouth * Steroids like betamethasone and fluticasone are inhaled like albuterol. * Steroids are used to...
As with other chronic diseases, affordability is important for Asthma Control
* The cost of asthma control can be a barrier:
* Many costs of asthma care can exceed what those without insurance can afford. These include:
* The cost of asthma medication.
* The cost of doctor visits
* The cost pulmonary function testing.
I endeavor to keep my consults to you AFFORDABLE.
I am constantly looking for the best way to get you medication that fits your budget.