Asthma Control Test Score: How We Use It
* The Asthma Control Test (ACT) is a survey that you fill out about your breathing symptoms.
* Your score on this survey will classify your asthma into 3 levels: Well Controlled, Not Well Controlled, and Poorly Controlled
* These classifications are used to determine what medications should be on your Asthma Action Plan.
* The ACT should be completed weekly to make sure we have the earliest sign that your asthma is flaring up.
* You can complete the ACT with my little helper Freddy assisting at the: Asthmaniac Asthma Control Test page.
Breathing. It can be easy. When your asthma is not controlled, it is not.
All illnesses cause changes in you how you feel. These sensations are called symptoms.
For asthma, these symptoms are things like:
- shortness of breath,
- chest tightness, and
- audible wheezing.
In a chronic illness like asthma your lungs are constantly reacting to outside forces.
Viruses and allergens, smoke, pets – all can trigger symptoms.
These symptoms can change on a daily basis.
In asthma, doctors have learned that worsening of lung function can be predicted by having patients assign a “score” to their symptoms.
This scoring should be done at regular intervals and compared to periods when you are well.
The scoring system that I use for asthma symptoms is called the Asthma Control Test (ACT).
This system uses a form that allows you to assign a number score for five categories of your symptoms.
I ask my patients to do this several times a week and I teach them how to recognize a developing problem in their lungs.
Regular symptom assessment is standard in asthma disease management.
That’s why it’s in your Asthmaniac method!
Complete the subscription form on the left if you’d like to get an email when I post a new podcast and blog entry.
Thanks for learning more about asthma!
to get Asthma Updates!
Grow your asthma knowledge by getting these blog updates in your email!
- How Can Asthmaniac Address Your Asthma Concerns?
- High-Deductible Health Plan? Online Asthma Is Perfect!
- No Insurance? Asthmaniac Will Help You!
- Is Your Asthma e-Asthma? New Medicine!
- Asthma Follow Up Care: Why You Need It!
- NEVER run Out of Asthma Inhaler Medicine!
- Asthmaniac Uses ePrescriptions for Your Medicine!
- Asthma Management Guidelines 2020 Focused Update: What’s In It For You?
- Asthma Rescue Inhalers Are Crucial in Asthma Control!
- Do You Need an Asthma Controller Medication?
- What is an MDI Spacer and Why Do You Need One?
- Children and Asthma: Different from Adult Asthma?
- Asthma and COVID19: Breathing Easy during a Pandemic
- Peak Expiratory Flow Rate: How We Measure and Why?
- Asthma Action Plan: Personalized Just For You!
- Asthma Control Test Score: How We Use It
- Asthma Facts
- Asthma Attack Triggers: Keep a Lid On It!
- Phone Doctor Visits: They Work For Asthma Control!
- Steroids in Asthma: Why We Need Them?
Asthma challenges Patients Identify Asthma as a disease is not evenly spread across the U.S. There are definitely hotspots as shown in this study: https://www.aafa.org/asthma-capitals/ Geography doesn’t change the basic problem in the lungs. How do we find out the...
High Deductible? Asthmaniac Is Best Value! ✓ You have a Health Insurance Policy ✘ But, it has a high deductible 🙏 Asthmaniac was made for you! 💙 Affordable $50 doctor visits ✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care ✓ All online! High-Deductible...
No Insurance is Not a Problem at Asthmaniac! ⇨ Active asthma 🙏 Asthmaniac was made for you! 💙 Affordable $50 doctor visits ✓ State-of-the-Art Asthma Care 👍 All online! No Insurance = No Problem I mean it! I don’t care that you don’t have...
* e-Asthma is category of severe asthma * Patients with e-Asthma have difficulty getting asthma control with usual treatment * e-Asthma responds well to a new type of injected medicine * In such patients, this new medicine can decrease their asthma attacks...
* Follow-up Care is Essential to good asthma control. * Follow-up allows determination of asthma severity. * Other disorders that affect your breathing are detected early. * Rescue medication refills are provided * Your Asthma Action Plan is updated....
* Finding your inhaler empty when the tightness starts IS NOT A GOOD FEELING! ..You need your rescue inhaler ..When you need it! ..Without it, it is probably a trip to the ER and ..a few days of having messed up breathing. * Asthmaniac offers $50 doctor...